Tuesday, November 29, 2011

At Paradise Park, Punta Gorda, Florida

As I mentioned last night,  we arrived at the park last evening and settled in.  What a great feeling to be off of the road again.  So today it was housekeeping activities.   Laundry was a must and I expected to be vacuuming the motorhome.    The laundry was done and the vacumning will happen tomorrow plus she threw another one at me, defrosting the freezer compartments.   I guess we can get both done tomorrow.

It was laundry day and did we have a load of clothes, plus sheets and pillow cases.   Thankfully, the laundromat was not busy, but only 3 of the 4 machines were available.    But eventually we finished it and we were back in the rig by noon.

I also spent more time trying to locate a source for my injectable vitamin B-12 and a location that would inject it for me.  We found a Walgreens in a small town we're heading through on Thursday.  However, the problem is finding a location that will do the injection.   Unless you are a patient of theirs, forget it.   We did find one clinic that said they'd do it, and the office call charge was $35.   Perhaps I need to man up to it and learn how to do it myself.   (Better yet, train my other half to do it for me.)  The pharmacy will train me how to do it, but?  Getting a shot is painful.

We also did a little bit of visiting in the park. It is always fun to meet up with old friends when there is so much to catch up on.  Also, we picked up some information on the gate wireless connection.   We bought a door opener for our park in Casa Grande and we'd like to use the same one here.  However,  the instructions are not very clear to me.  I guess we'll try it and see how it goes.  While at the office, we saw the local vegetable vendor, so we bought a few items.  Finally, we are able to get grapefruit at a reasonable price.  (I love the red or pink ones.)

While at the laundromat,  I looked at the ads on lots for sale or rent.  I guess the housing crunch has finally hit here.  Bare lot prices similar to what we have are about 50 percent of what they were a year ago.  That is not good news for seniors who might need to sell the winter home or parking location.  (Our lot value in Casa Grande was down some, but still above what we paid for it.)  At least for us, we are invested for the long term.

For  you yankees wanting to come south for a few weeks and stroll the beaches, slow it down.  We saw on the news that there is a large area west of Florida that has a  "Red Tide" problem.  The Red Tide kills the fish and poisons the clams.  That won't bother us, as we're not beach walkers.  (Some of the beaches also have a very pungent smell from the decaying fish.)

I love this winter temperature.

Gene

No comments:

Post a Comment