Friday, November 11, 2011

McAlester Oklahoma with one more day on the road

Today we went from Bethany, MO to McAlester, OK.  I  thought we were going to make it to Texas until Sandy told me that we had another hundred miles to go.   She had misread her GPS, so our goal was here, not Paris, TX.

Isn't it funny how one can have all kinds of subjects to write about until one gets the computer open.  While behind the wheel, the ideas just floated to my mind.  Now I can't remember a thing to write about.

When we got to Joplin, MO, we found our way into the city and we were appalled by the destruction.  All of the demolished houses have been cleaned up.  You can easily see how much damage there was by the number of basement slabs that are bare.  Thank goodness for the GPS, as there were no street signs either.  We were planning to stop at a church that has served as a recovery center.  However, the parking lot was full of cars from various states, all worker crews that are on site.  We decided our presence would be a distraction.

I'm tired and mislaid my listing of the Old Farmer's Advice.  Next time.

Gene

No comments:

Post a Comment