Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wichita,KS after a long day

We were  up early (after being up very late) and had hoped to get an early start.  Well, it was before 9 AM.  We didn't want to leave before 8 AM because if we did, we'd probably get tangled up in RUSH hour traffic.   Anyway, we pulled out at 8:45  and traffic was moderate (or heavy in my opinion).

I should say that going through Ft. Worth was a lot better this time since Sandy had her GPS programmed to lead the way.   She would give me a "head's up" warning about which lane or side of the highway I needed to be in.  In fact, it went very well.

After we cleared Ft. Worth, Sandy took over the driving duties for a couple of hours.  It was wonderful for me to sit there in the passenger seat of the Honda and watch the world go by.  I was so relaxed that I even found myself  sleeping some.   We found Oklahoma City to also be busy with lots of cars, but again Sandy and her GPS gave us good directions so that we could be in the right lanes at the right time.

When we reached Kansas, we stopped at the first visitors rest area so that we could learn where the motels were at in Wichita.  In the visitor's center, we moved to the far end to read the literature and call the motels.  I was a little taken back when the girl behind the desk showed up right near us and apologized that she was going to run the carpet sweeper.   Okay we moved to the front of center.  Shortly, she was near us again with her loud carpet sweeper roaring away.   Sandy and I decided it was time to leave.  I should have given her a piece of my mind, but I quietly left.  Her actions were totally uncalled for.

When we reached Wichita, traffic was terrible.  It was 5:05 PM and I think just about every employee in Wichita was getting off of work.    So instead of finding a motel, we found a restaurant and got off of the street.  An hour later, traffic was more reasonable.   It was great  to hang up driving for the day.

The Old Farmer's Advice:  The Best Sermons are lived, not preached.

Gene

No comments:

Post a Comment