Friday, November 4, 2011

Arrived in Williamsburg, Off the road for a while

We put into two long hard days on the road with the Honda and made it to our destination in Williamsburg, Iowa. We are staying with the recent widow of a life long friend from our days in high school.  So much to help her with in our short time here.

We did succeed in cracking a code for one of his computer connections.  We found the needed information in a little notebook that he wrote everything in.  Our real challenge was deciphering his hand  writing.   We have one more computer challenge to resolve to make life easier.  It is to figure out the password for his linksys network.  If push comes to shove, we'll press the reset button and set it up again.  The embarrassing thing is that I think I  gave him the router and set up years ago.    I think it is a WRT-11, so we'll do some searching online before we do the reset.  Plus I'll get my old XP machine in so that I can find way through the network stuff.

The Old Farmer's Advice:   (my book is in the car, so we'll skip  it tonight.)

Gene

No comments:

Post a Comment