We've been in Florida since Thanksgiving and we have not had a really good rain until today. It is pouring, straight down and we're loving it. Actually it is a slight inconvienence, but it keeps us inside. Actually, it isn't bad. It is warm out and we're surfing.
I forgot to post Saturday's blog until an hour ago, so make sure you read it also. This one is probably no barn burner, but since we're confined to quarters, why not bore you also!
I forgot to mention that when we came in, there was a large turtle in the middle of the forest road. So we stopped and I asked Sandy to to herd it off of the road. Well, a lot of good that did! She poked it on the head and it turned and ran under the motorhome. (Of course, you know how fast a turtle can run. She just stood there and watched it.) She may have been raised on the farm, but she certainly doesn't know how to heard livestock.) It was not about to come out from under the motorhome, so I asked Sandy to get in and drive it slowly forward while I made sure it stayed in the middle. I think she put it in gear and never looked back! In the end, everything worked out fine.
We found out at the visitor's center that the turtle is an endangered species, the desert gopher tortoise and this one was no juvenile. It was a good 10 to 12 inches across the beam. They told us where the home borrow is so we'll try to see if it made it home. Or since it is spring, it may have been out catting around and who knows which borrow it ended up in!
We're about 60 miles west of Daytona Beach and the Daytona 500 race. The race was delayed yesterday and if this rain is any indication, I think it will get delayed again today. One of our members here is a race fanatic and she said that the race is never canceled or delayed until the concessionar runs out of food. They were at a race when they noticed that the TV crews were packing up, but nothing had been said about delaying the race. When they asked the TV crews, they were told them that yep, it was canceled. I guess that since the concessionar is part of the race track owner, they want to make sure that all of the food is sold before the people go home.
We are expecting two more rigs to come in today. However, I suspect that they'll not arrive until tomorrow, after the rains have cleared. (Both of them are in a full hookup park at the moment and have no idea how good the roads are here. So if it were me, I'd sit tight until the sun shines.)
This is going to be a quiet lazy day inside.